ABIPE - Associação Brasileira de Intercâmbio Profissional e Estudantil is a non-governmental association that manages IAESTE program in Brazil.
IAESTE, founded in 1948 at the Imperial College in London, is a non-political, independent, non-governmental association maintaining a consultative relationship with several agencies of the UN.
IAESTE Brazil has been founded in 1982.
During the last 30 years IAESTE Brazil has sent more then 5.700 students abroad and had received a similar number of foreign students. Every year we exchange an average of 350 offers with our IAESTE colleagues, from more than 84 countries. Our goal is to increase the number of sent and received students and we count on you to reach this target!
This year we hope to host international students from almost 50 different countries in Brazil.
- To provide students at institutions of higher education with technical experience abroad related to their studies in the broadest sense.
- To promote international understanding and goodwill amongst students of all nations.
These objectives are fulfilled through a reciprocal exchange of students for paid training in foreign enterprises and institutions during a certain period of time (8-52 weeks).
The reason why we work for IAESTE is that we deeply believe that education is the most valuable inheritance we can leave towards a better future for our children and our grandchildren. An experience far away from our home countries is part of an important background that a human being can build. IAESTE is making this dream come true for thousands of students during the last 60 years.
The IAESTE program is based on reciprocity basis. It means that in order to exchange offers with other IAESTE countries we have to get one internship in Brazil for a foreign student. Then we get one possibility of internship abroad for a Brazilian student.
ABIPE raises offers of technical traineeships with Employers in Industry, Research Institutes and Universities, Consulting firms, Labs and other work environments. These offers are physically exchanged at the IAESTE Annual Conference each year in January.
Once the offers are exchanged, students then apply in their home countries where the most qualified candidate for each offer is selected and their nomination is sent to the receiving country which then forwards it to the Employer, who has the opportunity to accept the candidate.
Once the candidate is accepted, the receiving country works with the sending country to ensure that the student has all the necessary permits and/or visas to go abroad and undergo the traineeship.
To apply for an IAESTE traineeship you should fulfil the following criteria:
- Enrollment: You must be currently enrolled full-time in a Bachelor's or Master's degree at the time of application. You must be a full-time student in Higher Education.
- Age: You must be between the ages of 19 and 32.
- Language: You do not have to speak Portuguese, but if you do of course it helps! You must speak good English or Spanish.
- IAESTE must be represented in the country in which you are studying your degree course. Please check the Country list at www.iaeste.org
- Please note that each country has its own set of application criteria that must be met. Please contact IAESTE in your home country for details.
- Your subject studied must be within the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture or Applied Arts.